Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 27/Day 2 Goodbye Nanook

Today was a great day for Nanook because he went to his forever home.

You can tell from the smile on his face that he's pretty happy about it.  Mom's pretty happy too as Nanook's new family is pretty awesome.  I'm glad that my wish came true for another dog.  It was a lot of fun having Nanook stay with us and now we're looking forward to Lola finding her forever family.








Lola is still settling in but she seems a lot more friendly towards me today.  The only time she snaps at me is when I have a toy.  Unfortunately I like to play with my toys a lot.  Any other time Lola thinks I'm OK.  Lola sure is happy when it's time for food.  She's pretty skinny so I'm glad she likes my food. Thankfully she doesn't have any food agression and we get along great when it's meal time.

Lola isn't fully house trained.  Mom is cutting her some slack because she had surgery yesterday and she's in a new environment.  There's been lots of trips outside and treats to reinforcing good behavior.  Lola is all over treats so Mom hopes this helps her catch on to the fact that outside is where she's supposed to go to the washroom.

Tomorrow we have plans to go to the dog park so we'll see how Lola does with other dogs.  That is if we don't get 25 cms of snow.  If so then Mom and Lola are on their own!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for Nanook! Rupert, you and your mom did such a great job helping Nanook. You are both angels. Looking forward to hearing more about you and Lola's adventures. All the best to Nanook

    ReplyDelete