Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 25 Nanook meets Ike

I forgot to mention one of the events that happened at the Taylors on Sunday.  Nanook met Ike the Cat.  This is the first time that Nanook has really seen a cat since he's been with us.  He noticed Ike sitting on the couch, went up to him, gave him a bit of a sniff and then listen calmly while Ike acted like the world was coming to an end.  Cats are funny animals.  Ike used to live with two really big dogs so he's not afraid of us.  I've been to the Taylors lots of times so I know that Ike can be a bit cranky.  One time he trapped me in the bedroom because I was too chicken to go by him.  Mom thought this was hilarious.  Sometimes she's not very supportive.  Anyway, Nanook ignored Ike's crankiness and went to check out the rest of the house.  For the rest of our time there Ike didn't want either Nanook or myself anywhere near him, but couldn't stand to be more than a few feet away from us.  Again, cats are funny animals.

Everyday Nanook is becoming more playful.  Today was a good play session.  He took one of the toys, carried it around and almost played a bit of tug of war with me.  I love tug of war, but Nanook's not quite there yet.  Mom thinks perhaps his gums are still a bit sensitive so he's not willing to hold onto a toy when I try to snitch it.  Or he just doesn't understand what a fun game it is! Mom gave him the toy two or three times and he was really excited with the game of back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment