Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 11

Today I spent some time teaching Nanook how to relax and enjoy life inside where it's warm.  

I'd say he's doing a pretty good job, wouldn't you?  We did go for a walk, but I had to wear my booties because it's way too cold for my paws.  I don't really like my booties, but without them I only make it to the end of the walkway before my paws start to hurt.  Nanook thinks it's great outside.  It never seems to get too cold for him.







As a matter of fact, he still likes to go outside and sit in the sun for awhile.  It's amazes Mom how well he tolerates the cold weather.  Yes, she knows that is what he's bred for, but she's only ever had short haired dogs so this is new.  She keeps going to the door to see if he wants to come in, but no, he is happy to be outside.  She also keeps asking if I want to go outside, but no, I want to stay inside.







Mom made an appointment for Nanook to go to the Vet on Wednesday to have some dental work done on his front teeth.  A few are broken and there is some infection so the Vet is going to remove the really bad teeth.  I bet he's going to feel way better once he doesn't have that pain any more.  They don't seem to bother him at the moment, but still, they must hurt!

After that AARCS will probably put him up for adoption.  I'll be sad to see my new friend go, but I know that he'll find a good home and my wish will be fulfilled.  Then we'll get to help another dog!

2 comments:

  1. Rupert - you are doing an amazing job with Nanook - but then, you are an amazing boy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Rupert you are a great foster brother! And Nanook loves you for it!

    ReplyDelete