Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 2

Nanook has had a quiet, peaceful day today, but has continued to show what an awesome dog he is.  He slept on his blanket at the foot of the bed all night!  Didn't get up once.  He was pretty excited to go outside when he got up though.  Mom says this is a good sign and maybe he knows that outside is the place to pee.

He's not very interested in eating.  OK he's not interested at all.  I let him have one of my favorite treats and he loved it...so I guess he's just picky.  He's drinking so I'm sure once he gets hungry enough he'll break down and realize that dog food isn't all that bad.  It must be better than garbage!

We all went for a walk this afternoon and Nanook is a pro at walking on a leash.  He sat and waited to be allowed out the door.  Mom says he has to follow the same rules as me.  Something about safety and having boundaries.  Anyway, he's a very smart boy.  He picked it up after the second try.  When we went out we saw my favorite neighbor... Echo!  I love Echo and she loves me.  Echo doesn't like big dogs though.  And she didn't like Nanook very much.  But you know what?  Nanook didn't care!  Echo snapped at him (Echo's Mom knows what she's like and was right there to correct her) and Nanook just ignored her.  We didn't see any other dogs on our walk, but we heard some inside houses and over fences.  Nanook didn't care about them either.  He's a lot of fun to walk with.  We take a lot of turns peeing on stuff.

Other than that Nanook has slept most of the day.  I'm sure he's been stressed and is happy he can finally relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment