Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 26/1 Lola

Lots of things are happening around our house today!  Firstly, some very nice people came to visit Nanook to see if he is the right dog to join their family.  They seemed to think that Nanook is a great dog, which both Mom and I already know.  They need to take 24 hours to think about it, but I'm pretty sure they're going to make Nanook their new family member.

Secondly, Lola came to stay with us today.  Lola is a French Bulldog who is about 3 years old.  This isn't a very good picture of her, but she's not feeling very photogenic yet. 












Lola seems to like Nanook, but she hasn't warmed up to me yet.  When she first got here she checked out the living room, played with a couple of toys and seemed to be making herself at home.  I got to greet her and things went well.  A bit later Lola decided that she didn't like me very much.  Right around the time that I decided to play with a toy.  Since then she chases after me whenever I move.  I don't understand this and I either get scared or I think she wants to play, which only makes matters worse.  As the night went on Lola, Mom and I sat on the couch together and Lola came and gave me a sniff.  Mom is hoping that once Lola settles in she'll find that I'm really a great friend. 
 
Since Lola seemed pretty good in her crate when Mom picked her up she figured that she would sleep in my crate at night.  When Mom brought her into the bedroom guess who was in my crate?  This is the first time that Nanook has ever gone into my crate.  He doesn't seem to want to get out so I guess Lola will sleep in her own crate tonight.  And I guess Mom's friends are right, it is big enough for a big dog.  Hey, I like to spread out when I sleep. Mom knows I need lots of room.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Nanook gets to go to his new forever home soon!! I'm so happy Rupert is getting his wish this year. Kisses from MeiMei and Miko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jill....keep them all! :) I feel like Nanook is part of you guys. :(

    ReplyDelete