Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 5 Dog Park

The rain finally stopped and we've been going to the dog park every day.  Jasmine has what Mom calls 'squirrel syndrome' which will make sense to anyone who's seen the movie Up.  Thankfully the dog park is fully fenced so she can't run away, but she's still spending a lot of the time on leash until she starts to come when she's called.  Once Jasmine burns off a bit of energy and gets over the initial excitement of being at the park she's doing much better walking on leash.

Tonight we went down by the water, but neither Jasmine or I wanted to go in the water.  I played in a big mud puddle so I didn't feel like a swim.  Jasmine didn't seem to like the water at all.  Maybe next time I'll show her how much fun playing in the water can be.

The only dog in the water was this chocolate lab.  Jasmine was more interested in stealing his stick than in going into the river after it.














We've been working on some commands, Jasmine more than me.  I just like to show her how they're done so that I get a treat too.  She's mastered sit and lie down.  Now we're working on leave it, off and come.  Mom says once Jasmine gets the essentials down we'll try something fun like shake a paw...I'm good at that one.

Jasmine has decided that she likes the wire kennel now.  She gets to sleep in it with the door open (or where ever else she'd like) because she hasn't had any accidents in the house...even when Mom's been at work all day.  The kennel is pretty big but I hear her banging around in it.

Sometimes Jasmine sleeps like this, so it's no wonder she takes up a lot of room.

No comments:

Post a Comment