Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 1 Welcome Jasmine

Last night Mom came home from work with a new foster dog named Jasmine.  I don't know why she complains about work so much if they give you dogs to take home!  Oh, just wait, Mom says she went to another foster home after work and picked up Jasmine. 

Jasmine is a 7 month old Rottweiler/Shepard cross.  She is colored like a Rottweiler, but she looks and is built more like a Shepard.  She hasn't filled out yet so she'll probably get a bit stockier.  













 Jasmine is smaller than Mom thought she would be so she's happy about that because she was worried maybe Jasmine would be to much for me to handle.  That's just crazy thinking because I can hold my own with pretty much any dog I meet, Jasmine included.  I rested up after Genny left and it's been nonstop playing since Jasmine arrived.  Jasmine likes to play tug o war and run around the coffee table so I think she's just great.

Last night was a bit difficult.  Jasmine went to bed in the big wire kennel.  There was quite a bit of whimpering that went on.  She settle down after awhile, but started back up again any time anyone else moved.  Mom let her out in hopes that she would sleep on the floor.  Jasmine just wanted to play.  After another couple of hours Mom had enough and brought in my plastic kennel and put Jasmine in it.  This seemed to be just fine with Jasmine and she finally settled down and went to sleep.

So far Jasmine has been pretty well behaved.  She needs a bit of direction since she's still a puppy albeit a big puppy.  She's not allowed on the couch and seems to be taking it very well that I am allowed and she's not.  Mom says she'd like it if I'd stay off the couch too...but again, that's just crazy thinking.







Mom says it's supposed to stop raining tonight so hopefully we'll get to go to the park tomorrow...paws crossed everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment