Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 6 King Lear is Growing Up so Quickly

King Lear has been keeping Mom and I busy.  He likes to be in the middle of anything that's going on.  Mom says she forgot what it's like to put on socks with a puppy around.  Or take a shower (King Lear jumped in the tub one day). Or take things in or out of the cupboards.  I've been getting lots of exercise and have been teaching King Lear about boundaries.  I've been very patient but sometimes I tease him, especially after he's been hanging off the extra skin on my neck.

King Lear changes almost every day.  On Monday when we went for a walk King Lear was terrible on a leash.  King Lear's previous foster Mom had mentioned that he would walk right on her heals and made it almost impossible to walk with him on a leash.  Take the leash off and he is fine.  Tuesday when we went for a walk he did a complete turn around.  Now he walks fine on a leash.  I don't mean to brag, but I'm great on a leash and I'm sure he learned this from me.

Tuesday night was also the night when King Lear slept through the night.  He did wake up a couple of times because Mom could hear him figdeting around, but he didn't whine to get out of his kennel.  Last night he slept through the night again and didn't make a peep.

 This is a picture that Mom took the first day King Lear arrived.

















See anything different in the picture?  King Lear's ears are pointed all the way up now!  He also looks much bigger in this picture, but he's not. 













I know y'all are thinking "Rupert, you said King Lear would be staying with you for 5 days and now it's day 6.  What's going on?" King Lear was supposed to stay until his other foster parents got back home, but a family has already put in an application to adopt him.  They live out of town and are coming on Sunday to see him.  They live closer to us and it was easier if King Lear just stayed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment