Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 22

On Thursday Mom rebuilt the enclosure in the dog room.  The wood to close off the crawl space is more durable, there's a door with a latch for access into the crawl space and there's no place to get to drywall.  Mom also barricaded the other side of the crawl space leading into the laundry room.  She also put wood along the bottom of the walls to limit access to drywall if they do get into the laundry room.  When she went out Thursday night she also closed all the doors in the basement and put the baby gate on the stairs.  I think she's being a bit paranoid, but I don't have to clean up messes or repair damage so I've kept my opinions to myself.

I haven't been feeling well since yesterday so Mom has been making me rest.  I started throwing up yesterday afternoon and continued to do so until about 2am when I brought up a piece of plastic and maybe some wood.  Because Mom has already been asked; no, it's not plastic from the toy box.  I chew on those pieces for days until there is almost nothing left and then I leave it on the floor where Mom can step on it.  This way she knows I'm done with it and can throw it out for me.  Historically I don't like to swallow anything except for food, so this has Mom baffled.  To add to the mystery, this looks like it might be a paw/foot to a toy...but no toy that has ever had in our house.  And I haven't been anywhere else since before Feb 22nd. 

I was feeling much better this morning; ate some breakfast and acting like my normal self.  Mom had to run an errand and when she came home she found that I'd been sick again.  Now it was time to call the Vet.  Even though the receptionist said they were very busy, she checked with the Vet and he wanted to see me right away.  We were there in 15 mins and were seen right away.  This is one of the reasons why Mom loves this clinic.  We've been on the other side of this and had to wait when emergencies come in.  The clinic always does it's best the keep things on time and be respectful of people's appointments.  The Vet thought that 1. there were still some more pieces in my stomach or 2.  my stomach is irritated from the piece that had already come out.  He took some Xrays but didn't see anything.  Mom was told before hand that seeing plastic wasn't very likely.   At best, they would see a blockage, but the Xray didn't detect one.  Mom is treating the irritated stomach.  No food and little water for 24 hrs, a bland diet of rice and chicken for 5 days and an antacid for my upset stomach.  I have been sick once more, but the Vet said not to worry until it happens a couple of times (Mom is still worried).

1 comment:

  1. Rupert so sorry to hear you aren`t well. Please get better soon and stop stressing your mom out. She`s got enough to deal with having 2 escape artists in the house!

    ReplyDelete