Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 7 A Bit About Me

So I know the blog is about my wish but I have some stories to tell and they don't make sense without you knowing about what's been going on with me so I'm going start with that.  A few weeks ago Mom noticed that I was scratching A LOT.  We went to the Vet, who said I was allergic to 'something'.  Could be food, could be environment, could be seasonal.  The Vet said he couldn't change the season (sometimes he is funny) so we'd start with food.  I got new food, which I really like.  The part I don't like is the fact that I don't get any treats (gasp) or any bones (gasp!) or peanut butter in my Kong when Mom goes out (GASP!!!!!).   The good point part (according to Mom) is that 1.  I'm not scratching any more.  2. I had a rash that's gone away.  3.  I've almost completely stopped shedding!  None of this is better than treats and bones and peanut butter (according to Me).  Mom got some new treats by a manufacturer recommended by one of her friends.  They are the same protein as my food and Mom said she knows she's breaking the 'rules' but they are the same ingredients so she's hoping I'll be OK.  Now...on with our regularly scheduled program....

Mom went into the office on Tuesday, so Willie spent the day in the new and improved dog room (I said she's been busy around the house while we haven't had a foster).  Mostly this was to see if Willie could hold his bladder through a work day without have an accident in the house.  He can't.  Willie had most of the toys with him so I figured I better check things out when Mom got home.  Guess what I found?  A Kong with peanut butter in it!!  Willie didn't even clean it all out.  Silly puppy has a lot to learn.  I grabbed that and took off to make sure it got properly cleaned.  Mom was right after me and took it away.  Boy was I mad!  To make up for this we had some treats.  I use the term 'treat' kind of loosely because we have to work for them. 


Willie is learning to 'sit'.  He's really good at it too.  Almost too good.  He 'sits' all over the place now, looks at Mom with a look that says 'OK, I'm sitting, where's my treat?'










It's been raining in Calgary for the past few days so we haven't been outside much.  Yesterday was nice and Willie and I enjoyed running around the backyard.

I'm teaching Willie how to play a good game of chase!











This morning we went to the dog park before Mom started work.  Willie hasn't been vaccinated so he can't be around other dogs.  So we went really, really early when the park is almost empty and there wouldn't be any dogs around us.  Willie got to go off leash with me.  He stayed pretty close to Mom and only ventured away from her when he was chasing me.  Now when we go to the off leash park close to our house Willie will be able to go off leash and Mom won't worry about him running away.

Since this post is (mostly) about me I figured we should end it with a picture of just me.





No comments:

Post a Comment