Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 12 Trying to Stay Cool

First off, I'd like to say I find it pretty hot outside.

Look at me...do I look like I'm enjoying all the hot weather?  Mom says I'm not allowed to complain because soon it'll be really cold and I'll have to wear my booties when I go outside.  Then I remember I don't really like my booties.  OK, I'll put up with this weather for awhile longer.














We've been trying to get some long walks in, but it's been pretty hot after Mom is finished work.  Even Willie is panting before we're too far from home.  Mom brings a water bowl so we can  have a drink but we're still pretty hot.

Today we played some fetch in the yard to see if short bursts of energy would be better.  It worked out pretty well, except Willie is terrible at fetch.  He only brings it about half way back.  Willie's not really into chasing after toys so he sees no incentive to bring it back so he can chase it again.  He is pretty good at tug o war though.

Willie still isn't a fan of water.  Using the pool as a water bowl is about as close as he gets to going in.

He does seem to be putting on some weight though.  His previous foster home said he'd up on 4 pounds in the two weeks he'd been with her.  He must have been really skinny before he came to AARCS because he was still quite thin when he came to stay with us.  Mom didn't think he'd been continuing to put on weight but she's noticed in the past few days he seems to be bulking up a bit.  Tomorrow Willie goes to the Vet for his 2 week check up to see how his mange is doing so we'll see how much he weighs.  Paws crossed that he doesn't have any live mites.  If not then that'll be a huge step forward in his road to becoming a healthy puppy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment