Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 6 Tired Puppy

Yesterday we had a very busy day.  So busy, in fact, that I went to bed at 7pm.  I've never gone to bed on my own before, but I had to because I was sooo tired.

First, we were up at some ridiculously early hour.  OK, Mom and Kiki were up, I stayed in bed for the first trip outside.  They came back to bed, but Kiki was up every half hour until about 7:30...which is still to early to get up in my opinion.  Then the playing started.  We played outside while Mom did some gardening.  It's hard for us to understand the difference between the yard and the flower bed, but I think we got it by the hundredth time Mom told us to get out of the flower bed.  

Kiki is also a bit of a digger.  Only in this one spot.  And she's very stealthy about it because Mom hasn't caught her digging.  Of course I know she's digging here, but I need a good place to bury my bone and I don't dig so this works out well for me.  There was a dead rose bush here that Mom removed.  The hole wasn't totally filled back in but it wasn't nearly this big.  Mom filled it all back in yesterday afternoon and this morning it's dug out again.




After gardening we went for a car ride.  Kiki did very well in the car.  The first couple of times she was in the car it was stressful for her, but I think now she's realized we're going somewhere fun so she likes it.  And we did go somewhere fun...we went to The Taylors.  We stayed outside so we didn't get to see Ike.  By this time it was very, very hot.  Kiki didn't mind it, but I was panting a lot.  It didn't stop me from showing Kiki all my favorite spots to play in the yard.  Kiki even decided that the water in the bird feeder was better than in our water bowl.

Soon it was time to come home, have some dinner and then more playing.  By this time we were all pretty tired. Kiki decided to have a nap beside Mom.

This is my 'I'm NOT very happy there's no room for me on the chair!' look.  I voiced my complaint for about 5 minutes.
















Then I decided that I would make room.  This was pretty comfortable, but I'm not sure Mom thought the same thing.

















Mom got some plants from The Taylors yesterday so I guess we're off to spend some more time in the yard.  I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment