Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 22 Still up for Adoption

The family that came to see Kiki on Sunday decided that she was going grow into a larger dog than they wanted.  It's too bad, because I really liked them.  I hope they decide to look at some of the other dogs AARCS has up for adoption because I'm sure there's a dog that will fit in with their family.

Yesterday it was very, very hot outside and in the house.  Kiki hardly moved all day, which meant I got to rest!  It was a good that I slept most of the day because the more I move around the more overheated I get and I'm not very good at cooling down.  After work Mom put fresh water in the pool and all three of use went for a little swim.  Yes, even Mom got her feet in the pool, it was that hot.  After we cooled down we were in the mood for a bit of playing.  It wasn't long before we were hot again and decided that we should just take it easy for the rest of the night.

Today it's cooler so we went to the dog park.  Kiki put the very tips of her paws in the river today, but that's it.  Mom isn't encouraging her to go into the river because it's still high and running fast and she doesn't feel it's safe for Kiki to venture out too far.  There were lots of dogs down by the water so we made some new friends and had lots of play time.  We even met another dog who's Mom and Dad adopted him from AARCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment