Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 1 Welcome Cookie

Today Mom came home from work with a new foster puppy!  Her name is Cookie (although Mom says she's not sure that's what we'll really call her) and she's approximately 11 weeks old. 

As you can see she is very, very cute!












So far we've been getting to know one another.  Cookie hasn't been allowed to explore a lot of the house since Mom says she'd rather not have her pee on the carpet.  We've been spending time outside instead.  Cookie did get to explore the upstairs when we had dinner.  She sure does like to eat!  I guess most puppies do but when I was a puppy I ate a little bit here and there...same as I do now.  Tonight I didn't eat all my dinner, but Cookie finished off my food for me.  I need to remember this so that at breakfast time I eat all my food.

Here's a picture of Cookie by my pool.  I've shown her how to go in the pool, but she hasn't gone in yet.  Maybe tomorrow.









We went for a long walk around the neighbourhood.  Cookie is very good on a leash, no pulling at all.  Mom suspects this will change when Cookie gets bigger and wants to explore more.  When we got back Cookie still had some energy to run around the yard...but she's definitely getting tired!








Mom said we had to include this picture because Cookie just looks so silly!















I'm sure there'll be lots of updates over the next little while as I share my adventures with my new best friend so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rupert. I've been been reading your blog since the days of Nanook. Just wanted to tell you thanks for making a difference. You're a great big brother. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete