Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 17 Happy Anniversary!!

Can you believe that it's been a year since I started working on my Wish and started my blog!  Time sure does fly when you're helping others and having fun. 

It doesn't seem like a year has passed since our first foster dog, Nanook, came to stay with us.  And what a great first foster dog he was!










We have had some ups and downs with our fosters (remember The Fluffies that dug a hole through the wall?) but over all Mom and I have had a great time fostering and have no plans on stopping now!  As you can see by the recent posts, I've extended by wish to includes cats.  Gio has been a great addition to have around but I think Mom might spend a bit too much time snuggling with him.  She still leaves room on her lap for me so I guess it's OK.

Bonnie and Gio had some great play time together.  Bonnie went back to her foster family on December 26th so it was just Gio and I for a few days.












Diesel came back to stay with us over New Year's Eve.  I was really excited to see my new friend back and we had lots of fun together.  

Now it's back to just Gio and I.  As you can see we get along great.  Gio really loves this water dish.  He plays in it, drops his toy in it and he drinks out of it too.  He had his own water dish for awhile, but was always drinking out of mine so now we share it.  Some days I think he'd like me to share my food as well but that's not going to happen!






Gio has been exploring the house.  This picture was taken when Diesel was still here and Gio was watching him outside.












Gio would really like to go outside. When Mom goes to the door and asks if anyone wants to go outside Gio is the first one there.  I don't think that cats are as smart as dogs because if I didn't have to go outside in the cold to go to the bathroom than I sure wouldn't be going outside!




2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary Rupert. Your blog is the only one I read regularly. Clearly it's my favorite, so make sure you thank her for taking the time to type it out for you. You and your Mom should be very proud of all your hard work in helping these furry friends find loving homes.
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. I've been reading your blog since day 1. Congrats on all the accomplishments and thank you for continuing to do what you do and sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete