Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 50 Willie is up for Adoption

Willie went up for adoption late Thursday.  And the really great news is that he's already had an application submitted and the family came to visit him today!  But let's back up a few days and I'll tell you all the stuff that's being going on.

On Wendesday Willie went to the Vet to be neutered.  While Mom worked I spent the day wandering around with my sad face on and my tail down.  I missed my buddy Willie.  Mom said I should have spent the day sleeping, but I was too worried about where Willie was.  Later we went to pick up Willie and I sure was happy!  Willie wasn't feeling 100% on Wednesday night so we had a quiet night.  Thursday he was back to normal!  You would never know he'd had surgery. 

Since he'd been neutered he could go up for adoption and Mom sent in his website info on Thursday and he was on the AARCS adoption website by the end of the day.  Less than 24 hrs later Mom got an email and a phone call about people interested in adopting Willie.  Mom talked to them Friday night and they scheduled a visit for this afternoon.   They came to visit Willie and brought their dog Diego.  Diego was more interested in checking out the back yard than in visiting with Willie, but he seemed to like him.  At one point we all started to play; running around the back yard and some physical playing.  Mom was shocked to see that I was trying to protect Willie when I thought Diego was getting too rough.  He wasn't, but I wasn't going to let anyone be mean to my foster brother!  I even barked at Diego and Mom said she isn't sure that she's ever seen me bark at another dog.  Sure, I like to bark at the mailman and those crazy people called 'teenagers' riding their skateboards down the sidewalk, but never at another dog. 

When we were in the backyard Diego noticed that one of the nylabones was out there.  Before Diego had a chance to pick it up and have a closer look Willie snitched it away.  He's been keeping it close ever since.  He even guarded it while he had a nap.

He forgot about it after awhile and then I chewed on it for about an hour.  Mom says we're like a bunch of 5 year olds after a new kid has come over and seen our toys.  Neither of us have played with this bone for days; but now that a new dog has shown an interest it's our favorite toy and we can't let it out of our site.









Now we'll wait to see if the couple that came to visit think Willie will be a good fit into their family.




No comments:

Post a Comment